PDA

Ver la Versión Completa : Ya disponible gratis el Unreal Development Kit

songoku_emumania
06-Nov-2009, 16:22
Epic Games ya ha puesto a disposición de programadores indie y modders el software UDK, conjunto de herramientas para poder crear juegos con el Unreal Engine 3.

A pesar de que el software es gratuito, los programadores que utilicen dicho engine deberan pagar a Epic el 25% de sus ganancias si estas superan los 5000 dolares.

Only a week after Unity announced the free use of their engine for indie and mod teams, Epic Games has unveiled UDK UNREAL DEVELOPMENT KIT (clever name that) for use by indie and mod teams. While the choice of tools and engines available to mod and indie developers increases by the day, traditionally engines the magnitude and relevance of UE have been out of the reach of smaller teams due to licensing costs edging close to a million.

However while it may be free to develop and release a non-commercial game, should you wish to profit from your hard work the current UDK license states that 25% of all revenue earnt beyond $5,000 will be paid to Epic as your licensing cost. I consider this a small price to pay with no risk for developers who now have access to proven technology.
Download UDK From ModDB

What will the developers do with this? Only time will tell, I for one see the availability of unrestrictive powerful tools like this as PROOF of the POWER that PC gaming still has. While traditional PC developers (i.e. Infinity Ward and others) may be shunning the PC crowd with "consolized" versions of their game and trying to convince us that the reason for these decisions are to provide a better experience, we know better, and we deserve better. No other platform provides the power and creativity possibilities that the PC does, no other platform makes you jump through hoops to release via digital distribution. Indie developers... I for one eagerly await the games you make because of decisions like this, as I know you only making games you want to make and play.Fuente (http://www.moddb.com/engines/unreal-engine-3/news/unreal-engine-3-free-to-indies)

Descargar (http://www.moddb.com/engines/unreal-engine-3/downloads/udk)

Topogh
06-Nov-2009, 17:16
uta ojala pudiera usar esa onda solo imaginense con ese engine hicieron el batman ps

buena info dude

juanchux
06-Nov-2009, 18:18
:alaputa: Interesante... :thunderbo

allí esta todo:

What will the developers do with this? Only time will tell,

Blackstare
06-Nov-2009, 18:20
Que de ahuevo, ahora vamos a ver mas indie games, y este engine es uno de los mejores de esta generacion :adorar:

allantuning
06-Nov-2009, 19:01
:adorar:
que de ahuevo.....